- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce (1 Ounce Each)|
|Chocolate squares||3 Ounce (Mexican Variety)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pure almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3761 Calories from Fat 2433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 275 g423.8%
Saturated Fat 147 g734.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1254.4 mg
Sodium 782.7 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 314 g104.6%
Dietary Fiber 18 g71.9%
Sugars 247.6 g
Protein 47 g94.8%
Vitamin A 158.8% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 81.8% Iron 86%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grate chocolates on waxed paper and keep aside.
2) Place in a medium-size bowl egg yolks and salt and blend with electric mixer at high speed for 1 or 2 minutes. Turn to medium speed and add sugar. On high speed beat for further 2 to 3 minutes till fluffy.
3) In medium-size saucepan heat together milk and cream and stir over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat when the mixture begins to simmer.
4) Fold in scalded milk-cream mixture to yolk mixture and stir to mix well.
5) Cook the mixture in the saucepan and stir with a whisk on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes till thick. Do not let the eggs curdle.
6) Take off custard from heat and blend in grated chocolate, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla and almond extracts.
7) Transfer mixture to the canister of ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions to cook.
8) Sprinkle cinnamons or toasted slivered almonds on the ice cream.