- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Chili Con Carne Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Bacon drippings||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaf||1 , crushed|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Red kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.6 mg
Sodium 714.1 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.4%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 25 g49.1%
Vitamin A 39.1% Vitamin C 27.1%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 31.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Warm the oven to 325° F.
2. Chop the beef finely or coarse it ground.
3. Take a skillet and fry meat along with onion, and garlic in the drippings.
4. Spray the seasonings over it.
5. Take a 2-quart greased casserole and add the meat mixture after combining with chopped tomatoes.
6. Bake the mixture for about one and half hours at 325° F by covering it.
7. When done remove from oven and fold in cooked beans. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
8. Remove the cover and put it back on oven and bake for another 20 minutes. If not on oven then this cooking can also be done on stove by placing the casserole on asbestos pad. The mixture should be cooked for about 2 hours over low heat and should be heated thoroughly after adding the beans.
9. Serve as required.