- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Chilequides Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||2 Pound, skinned, boned, grilled and sliced into 1/4 inch julienne (2 Pieces, 1 Pound Each)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon (1/4 Stick)|
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Tomatoes||5 Medium, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Serrano chilies||2 , stemmed and seeded|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|6 inch corn tortillas||8|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Queso anejo||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), freshly grated (Or Dry, Aged White Mexican Cheese)|
|Chicken stock||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 1800 Calories from Fat 1306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227.1%
Saturated Fat 36.8 g184.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 230.8 mg
Sodium 1004.2 mg41.8%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 71 g141.3%
Vitamin A 45.1% Vitamin C 47.7%
Calcium 52.6% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the onion and sauté until lucent, about nearly 5 minutes.
4. Move the onion into a food processor fitted with steel blade.
5. Add tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, and chilies into it.
6. Process the ingredients to form salsa.
7. Return the mixture into the saucepan.
8. Bring to boil. Reduce the heat and carry on the stirring occasionally; simmer the flame until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
9. Taste for salt.
10. Heat 1/2 inch oil in a large heavy skillet
11. Cook the tortillas one at a time until these become golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
12. Drain on the paper towel.
13. In the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, overlap 3 pieces of tortillas.
14. Top with a third of the salsa, a third of the sour cream, a third of the chicken, and a third of the cheese.
15. Repeat the layers.
16. Pour the stock over the layers and bake about 35 minutes, or until the top is brown and bubbling. Serve immediately or warm.