- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Chicken Stew Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle paste||1 Teaspoon (Use Discovery Brand Preferably)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||400 Gram (1 Can)|
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||4|
|Red onion||1 Small, sliced into rings|
|Coriander leaves||4 (A Few)|
|Corn tortillas/1.25 cup rice||6 (To Serve)|
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg
Sodium 310.3 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 45 g89.6%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 29%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil.
2. Add the onions and cook for five minutes or until they are starting to turn golden brown and softened.
3. Add the garlic at the last minute of cooking to make it soft.
4. Stir in the chipotle sauce, sugar, and tomatoes.
5. Put the chicken into the sauce and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
6. Add a splash of water to thin down the sauce if required.
7. Remove the chicken when it’s cooked. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and put the meat back into the sauce.
8. Scatter the dish with the red onions, the coriander and serve with rice or tortillas and with red onion scattered on top.