- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Bruschetta Recipe Video
|Red onion||1 Medium|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Low fat cojita cheese/Mozarella cheese||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Low fat queso blanco||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Red pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Sourdough bread slices||8|
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.9 mg
Sodium 1072.6 mg44.7%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.1%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 24 g47.4%
Vitamin A 89.8% Vitamin C 76.8%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
3. Roughly cut the tomatoes. Place in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add in the Onion, Shallot, Garlic, Cilantro, and jalapeno into food processor. Blend until a smooth but, rough puree.
5. Mix the tomatoes with the puree. Add Garlic Powder and Red pepper flakes to taste.
6. Stir in both Cheese, mix well and keep aside.
7. Place the bread slices over the aluminium lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 8 minutes on 400 degree oven.
8. Take out the newly toasted bread and cover with 2 tablespoons of tomato mixture. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
9. Sprinkle a tiny amount of sea salt over top and ENJOY!