- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Beef Burgers Recipe
|Corn on the cob||4|
|Stale white bread crumbs||2 Ounce (50 Grams Or 1 Cup)|
|Skimmed milk||90 Milliliter (6 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh coriander||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Lean minced beef||2 Pound (900 Grams)|
|Reduced calorie mayonnaise||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Iceberg lettuce/Other leaves such as frisee / webb's||1⁄2|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Corn chips||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1 Large Packet, To Serve)|
Calories 1492 Calories from Fat 730
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.8%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.6%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 145 mg
Sodium 1460.5 mg60.9%
Total Carbohydrates 136 g45.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.7%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 64 g128.9%
Vitamin A 34.2% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 23% Iron 47%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine the breadcrumbs, skimmed milk, onion, cumin, cayenne, celery salt and fresh coriander together in a large bowl.
3. Add the beef and mix by hand until the mixture is evenly blended.
4. Divide the beef mixture into four portions and flatten between sheets of clear film.
5. Preheat a moderate grill and cook for about 10 minutes for medium or 15 minutes for well-done burgers.
6. Split and toast the buns, spread with mayonnaise and sandwich the burgers with the tomato slices, lettuce leaves and seasoning. Serve with corn chips and the corn on the cob.