- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexicali Chicken Stack-Ups Recipe Video
|Flour tortillas||4 Medium, divided (10 inch)|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||2 Medium, cooked and diced or shredded|
|Salsa||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sliced black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (3/4 cup for filling and 1/4 cup for topping)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 944 Calories from Fat 484
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.7%
Saturated Fat 27.7 g138.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 220.1 mg
Sodium 1818.3 mg75.8%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 61 g121.5%
Vitamin A 38.9% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 62.7% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In the bottom of lightly greased 2-quart round casserole dish, place one tortilla, and set aside.
3. In a bowl, put together chicken, salsa, olives, cumin and 3/4 cup cheese and mix well.
4. Spread 1/3 of chicken mixture over tortilla in baking dish.
5. Place a tortilla over the chicken mixture and repeat layering, ending with the last tortilla.
6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the tortilla and cover the dish with foil.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly, uncover for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
9. Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream.
You can add black beans, jalapenos,beef, turkey or pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar cheese.