- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Methi Makhania Biscuits - Fenugreek Leaves Biscuits Recipe Video
|Wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry methi||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Use as per your taste)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (Use as per your taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, ground|
|Softened butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 187 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 296.6 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 0.19%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Baking tray
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. In a bowl mix together wheat flour, plain flour, semolina, dry methi powder, salt, baking powder, sugar, turmeric powder and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Into these well mixed dry ingredients, add the softened butter and yogurt, mix well and knead to a soft dough.
4. Once the soft dough is ready, make small golf ball size balls and line them onto a baking tray.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
6. After 1 minutes, lower the temperature of the oven to the lowest, say 170 F and bake again for about 10 to 15 minutes to bake the biscuits evenly inside out. Flip the sides and bake them.
7. Serve the fenugreek flavored biscuits as a snack at tea time.