- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Methi rice pulav Recipe
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Methi leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm) (fenugreek leaves, vendaya keerai)|
|Thai green chillies||4|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Red chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Jeera powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
Calories 511 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.7 mg2.2%
Sodium 202.7 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 40.1% Vitamin C 70.9%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
* Wash the rice, drain the water and pour 3 and 1/2 cups of water for 2 cups of rice and cook it in rice cooker with some salt.
* Heat oil in a pan, add finely chopped green chillies and finely chopped ginger and fry for 2 mins in medium flame.
* Add chilli powder, corrainder powder, jeera powder, garam masala powder and stir.
* Now add methi leaves & peas and cook for 10-15 mins in medium high flame till cooked ( don't add any water since there will be water in the leaves when you washed )
* When it is fully cooked remove from the stove and mix the cooked rice to this and if needed some salt and add 2 tsp of ghee and mix all.
* Garnish with corrainder leaves.
* Enjoy it hot with potato chips and raita.