- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meskouta Recipe Video
|Eggs||3 Medium, separated|
|Strawberry yogurt||4 Ounce (1 cup or any other flavor of choice)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Use the yogurt cup to measure)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Use the yogurt cup to measure)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use the yogurt cup to measure)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.9 mg
Sodium 149.1 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 54.2 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 10% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat your oven to 360 F degrees which is 180 C degrees.
2. Butter an 8 inch baking pan, then cover it with parchment paper.
3. First, pour sugar over egg yolks. Using an egg beater, beat the egg yolks and sugar until you get a creamy whitish mixture.
4. Add vegetable oil and mix in using a spatula.
5. Once the oil is completely incorporated, add the yogurt and continue mixing gently using a rotational movement, moving the spatula from bottom to up.
6. Add vanilla extract (or any other flavor), baking powder and continue mixing.
7. Put ground ginger into the batter (or another spice like ground cinnamon or cardamom). Mix.
8. Add flour to the batter little by little. Mix in some of the flour and when it’s completely incorporated, add a little more until done.
9. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt using an egg beater for about 5 minutes until they get firm with white peaks.
10. Add the egg whites to the batter little by little to the batter, mix gently in a rotational movement with a spatula, and when that portion of the egg white is completely incorporated then add a little more until done. The final batter should be creamy and smooth.
11. Add the batter to the pan, and shake the pan to even out the batter. You can cut excess parchment paper on the edges with scissors.
12. Bake the cake for around 50 minutes or until the surface is firm when pressed gently.
13. Remove the cake from the pan. Remove the parchment paper from the cake and let the cake rest until it reaches room temperature.
14. In a serving plate, slice the cake and serve it with milk or any refreshing beverage of choice.