- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Merry Miso Veggie Broth Recipe
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Miso||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1373.7 mg57.2%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 219.8% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium saucepan or stock pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil on a medium flame.
2. When the water is boiling, add the diced carrots and celery.
3. Allow the vegetables to blanch for 10 minutes.
4. Pour in 4 cups of water and continue to simmer the vegetables until they are tender.
5. Into a measuring cup or coffee mug, ladle ½ cup of the broth and stir in the miso.
6. Return this liquid to the saucepan and stir to blend into the broth with vegetables.
7. Heat the soup for 2-3 minutes more and serve.
8. Ladle the hot soup into a deep dish soup plate or large soup bowls.