- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meringue Torte Recipe
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Light rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh strawberries/Frozen whole strawberries||10|
|Canned pineapple slices||10|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3807 Calories from Fat 784
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g137.2%
Saturated Fat 55.3 g276.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 328.8 mg109.6%
Sodium 2912.5 mg121.4%
Total Carbohydrates 576 g191.9%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.1%
Sugars 538.8 g
Protein 147 g293.7%
Vitamin A 70.8% Vitamin C 332.3%
Calcium 28.7% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Lightly butter the bottom of the 9-inch tube pan.
3. One day before serving, in a large bowl of electric mixer, let egg whites warm to room temperature, 1 hour. To egg whites, add salt and cream of tartar; beat until frothy.
4. At high speed, beat in sugar, 2 table- spoons at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form when beaters are slowly raised.
6. Turn into tube pan, spreading evenly. Place on middle rack of oven. Immediately, turn off heat. Let stand in oven several hours or overnight. Loosen edge with spatula. Turn out torte on serving plate. Sprinkle surface with rum. Refrigerate until well chilled. This will take at least 4 hours.
7. Frost top and sides with whipped cream. Decorate top with sliced strawberries and then garnish with pineapple.