- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meringue Nests With Jelly Beans Recipe
|Cream of tartar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Assorted jelly beans||4 Ounce (Cotton Candy, Berry Blue, Lemon Drop, Island Punch And Lemon Lime Flavors)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1695 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.35 g0.54%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 605.4 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 412 g137.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.97%
Sugars 380.6 g
Protein 19 g37.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.9% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a round cookie cutter or a small can, trace ten 31/2- to 4-inch circles. Set aside.
3. In the clean, dry bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. With the beater running, add almond extract and then gradually add sugar; beat until stiff and glossy.
4. Spoon about 3/4 cup meringue onto the parchment-lined baking sheet, using the tracing lines as a guide for size. With a large spoon, make an indentation in each meringue mound to form a nest.
5. Gently press jelly beans into sides of meringues. Bake for 2 1/2 hours, or until hard.
6. Fill meringues with jelly beans or other assorted candies. For an elegant dessert,fill meringue nests with small scoops of pastel sherbets