- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Merguez Style Ground Meat Recipe Video
|Ground meat||1 Pound (beef / lamb)|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Harissa sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground spice mixture|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ras- al- hanout||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.9%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.7 mg
Sodium 399.1 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 16 g32.6%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. MARINADE: Using a mortar and a pestle, mix the ground spices, the fennel seeds, and coriander seeds together until they are completely crushed.
2. Add the Harissa sauce to the mortar and continue mixing.
3. Put the sliced garlic cloves to the mixture, and grind them with the spices until you get a smooth texture.
4. MARINATING BEEF: In a bowl, add the olive oil and spice mixture to the ground meat. Mix well using a fork.
5. Cover, and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight) so that the meat soaks up all the flavors.
6. Remove the meat from the fridge and shape it as desired.
7. Grill the meat either on the barbecue or on stove top. If using a grill plate (stove top), pour a little bit of olive oil on it to avoid the meat from sticking.
8. Grill the meat on both sides for a few minutes each side till done (grill the meat for a shorter time if you like meat rare or medium-rare, and longer for well done. But be careful not to overcook or the meat will be too dry).
9. In a serving plate, serve the meat hot with rice and vegetables.