- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Memphis Style BBQ Ribs Recipe
|Baby back ribs||2 Pound|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Barbecue sauce||8 Tablespoon|
Calories 573 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.6 mg
Sodium 1811 mg75.5%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 25.6 g
Protein 37 g74.2%
Vitamin A 167.5% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak wood chips in water 1 hour prior to placing on the grill.
2. Remove the silver skin from the back of the ribs, by doing this it will allow the seasonings to penetrate into the meat.
3. In a bowl combine the brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Rub the dry rub over the ribs and set aside for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
4. Preheat the grill and place the wood chips over the fire (watch how-to video to see how to use wood chips with a gas grill.)
5. Once wood chips begin to smoke lower the heat and place ribs on the grill, use a rib rack or place on indirect heat.
6. Maintain the grill heat to 275-300 degrees for 3 hours while the ribs smoke and cook.
7. The last 45 minutes of smoking, baste with barbecue sauce every 15 minutes.
8. Take ribs off of the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes then cut between the bones.
9. Serve with corn bread and enjoy!