- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Melting Cheese and Onion Baguettes Recipe
|Baguettes||4 , partly baked|
|Tomato relish||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Scallions||8 , trimmed and finely chopped|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Mixed salad greens||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh herbs||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 965 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.8%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g106.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.2 mg
Sodium 1704.9 mg71%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g42.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 29 g58.8%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 31.9% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small sautÃ© pan, melt the butter.
2. Add the scallions and sautÃ© them for a few minutes until limp and lightly browned.
3. Take pan off the heat and keep aside.
4. In a bowl, add the cream cheese and remaining butter and beat with a spoon until creamy and smooth.
5. Stir in the scallions grated cheese, pepper and snipped chives, and blend
6. Slice the baguettes lengthwise in half leaving it attached at one side.
7. Spread the insides of each baguette with tomato relish.
8. Spoon and spread the cheese mixture, dividing it equally between the baguettes. Wrap individually each roll in foil.
9. Place the wrapped baguettes on the barbecue for about 10-15 minutes, turning them occasionally.
10. Take off the grill when the bread is heated and the cheese has melted.
11. Unwrap foil, tucking it around the bread.
12. Serve garnished with mixed salad greens and fresh herbs.