- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Melt Away Chocolate Mints Recipe
|Semisweet chocolate squares||16 Ounce (2 Package)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peppermint extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3429 Calories from Fat 2087
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 243 g374.4%
Saturated Fat 135 g675.1%
Trans Fat 3.9 g
Cholesterol 164.4 mg
Sodium 147.1 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 436 g145.3%
Dietary Fiber 106.4 g425.7%
Sugars 259 g
Protein 69 g137.1%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 53.1% Iron 264%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Immediately discard water from double-boiler bottom and refill with cold water. Set top in place and cool chocolate, stirring constantly but gently, until chocolate reaches 83 F. on special 40° to 120°F. thermometer.
3. Meanwhile, in small saucepan over medium heat, heat cream just to boiling; remove saucepan from heat.
4. In small bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat chocolate, cream, and peppermint extract until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
5. Pour mixture into prepared pan; set aside until firm, about 2 hours.
6. With metal spatula, loosen chocolate mixture from sides of pan. Invert pan onto cutting board lightly dusted with cocoa; discard waxed paper. Lightly dust sharp knife with cocoa; cut chocolate mixture into 8 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 8 squares. Store in tightly covered container.