- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Melons Melba Recipe
|Frozen raspberries||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Currant jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melon||6 Cup (96 tbs), chilled (Balls / Chunks)|
Calories 141 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.64 g0.99%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26.1 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 29.6 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 108.2% Vitamin C 97.9%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, combine the raspberries and currant jelly together, bring to a boil.
2) In a bowl, stir the cornstarch in water, until well blended.
3) Stir into the raspberry mixture and simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
4) Stir in the almond extract, strain and allow to cool.
5) Spoon the chilled melon balls into sherbet glasses, top with raspberry sauce and serve the Melons Melba immediately.