- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Melon Rings with Strawberries Recipe
|Cantaloupe melon/Honeydew||1 Medium|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.5%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 109.9 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 59.3 g
Protein 7 g13%
Vitamin A 459.9% Vitamin C 533.2%
Calcium 8% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the melon cut it crosswise into rings 1 inch thick and remove seeds.
2. On individual plates place slices and with a knife carefully loosen pulp by cutting around the slice 1/4 inch from the rind without removing the rind.
3. Slice pulp to make bite-sized pieces, leaving the rind intact.
4. Rinse strawberries without hulling.
5. In the center of each melon slice arrange 5 or 6 strawberries and serve.