- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Melon In Ginger Syrup Recipe
|Ripe honeydew melon||1 Large|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Ginger stem||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.87 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 108.5 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 67.7 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 186.4%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using a vegetable bailer, scoop out the melon flesh.
2) For this, press the cutter into the melon flesh and twist round sharply.
3) Slice the melon in half, scoop out the seeds and cut the melon in quarters.
4) Slice the melon flesh away from the skin and cut into small neat dice.
5) In a basin, spoon the flesh and any juice.
6) In a saucepan, measure the sugar and water.
7) Stir over low heat until the sugar has dissolved and then bring up to the boil.
8) Simmer for 2 minutes, then draw off the heat.
9) Add the lemon juice and the chopped ginger.
10) Leave until quite cold, then add the diced melon flesh.
11) Spoon the mixture into one or more waxed or polythene containers, making sure that there is at least 1/2 inch (1 cm) of head space.
12) Cover and freeze.
13) To serve allow the fruit to thaw in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
14) Serve in individual glasses while still well-chilled.