- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Melon And Shrimp Basket Recipe
|French dressing||1 Tablespoon|
|Shelled shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped celery||6 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated coconut||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3336 Calories from Fat 1319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 149 g228.8%
Saturated Fat 42.7 g213.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1218 mg
Sodium 2454.4 mg102.3%
Total Carbohydrates 379 g126.5%
Dietary Fiber 42.1 g168.4%
Sugars 327.7 g
Protein 179 g358.1%
Vitamin A 2768.2% Vitamin C 2480.8%
Calcium 105.6% Iron 160%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the melon in the shape of a basket and remove all the seeds. Scoop some melon out to form balls.
2. Marinate these melon balls in the French dressing for just 15 minutes.
3. Keep some shrimp aside for later use and start blending the remaining along with some celery.
4. Add in the drained melons and a mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream and curry powder.
5. Take this mixture in a melon basket and sprinkle some grated coconut on the top.
6. Chill in the refrigerator and serve chilled.