- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meen Pollichathu Fish Roast In A Plantain Leaf Recipe
|Pomfret/Fish fillets||1 Kilogram|
|Pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For masala paste and gravy|
|Coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Refined oil||2 1⁄4 Tablespoon (3 Dessertspoon)|
|Button onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm)|
|Green chilies||3 , slit|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Thick coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 567 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 365.2 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 31.9 g
Protein 49 g97.3%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 52.8%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Rub the fish well with pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Marinate for 1 hour.
3. Grind the coriander, chilli, turmeric and pepper powders with a little water to make masala paste.
4. In a pan, heat 2 dsp oil and saute button onions, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
5. Fry the fish lightly in the same oil and keep aside.
6. Add 1 dsp oil. Splutter mustard seeds. Add the masala paste and saute until the aroma seems right.
7. Add fish and coconut milk.
8. Add sauted button onions, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves. Simmer on low heat until fish is coated with gravy.
9. Wrap each fish in a piece of plantain leaf or greased foil. Tie securely and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.