- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mee Krob Recipe
|Egg noodles||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Groundnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Chicken breast||6 Ounce, skinned|
|Pork fillet||6 Ounce|
|Green beans||4 Ounce, trimmed|
|Prawns||4 Ounce, peeled|
|Tofu||10 Ounce, drained|
|Cider vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce/Anchovy essence||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 3213 Calories from Fat 2347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 266 g408.6%
Saturated Fat 36 g179.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 237.6 mg
Sodium 709.1 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g46.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.3%
Sugars 43.9 g
Protein 73 g145.8%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 36.3%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, boil water.
2. Add noodles, cover the pan and immediately remove the pan from the heat.
3. Let the noodles sit in boiled water for 6 minutes.
4. Drain thoroughly.
5. In a wok or deep heavy frying pan, heat oil.
6. First stir fry onion over moderate heat for 5 minutes until it turns soft.
7. Turn the heat to high.
8. Stir fry garlic, chicken, pork and green beans for 3-4 minutes.
9. Add prawns and tofu, if using.
10. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
11. Pour in vinegar, sugar, soy sauce or anchovy essence to taste
12. The sauces should be both sweet and salty in flavor.
13. Remove the pan from the heat.
14. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and keep aside.
15. In a deep-frying pan, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
16. Add 1/4th of the noodles and fry until crisp and lightly brown.
17. Spoon out the fried noodles out of the wok and drain on kitchen paper.
18. Fry the rest of the noodles and drain.
19. Keep 1/4th of the fried noodles aside for garnishing.
20. In a wok, take ½ of the stir fried ingredients, ½ of the remaining stir fried noodles and half of the chilli powder.
21. Toss the ingredients gently to combine and heat thoroughly.
22. Take care not to break the noodles.
23. Once done, transfer to a warm serving platter and cover to keep hot.
24. Repeat the process with remaining stir fried ingredients, noodles and chilli powder.
25. Combine with the first lot of mixture.
26. Garnish with the reserved fried noodles and bean sprouts.
27. Serve immediately.