- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Tuna Cannellini Salad Recipe
|Red wine vinegar||5 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar/Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) (1/2 Teaspoon Crushed)|
|Tuna||14 Ounce, drained and flaked (2 Cans, 7 Ounce Each White Or Light Water Pack)|
|Red onion/Green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, chopped|
|Fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Cannellini beans/4 cups cooked small white beans, drained||30 Ounce, rinsed and well drained (2 Cans, 15 Ounce Each)|
Calories 544 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.7 mg
Sodium 875.6 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.5%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 39 g78.1%
Vitamin A 79.6% Vitamin C 47.8%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In an airtight container, add the capers, red wine, oil, vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper together.
2) Cover, shake well and allow to stand for 1- 2 hours for the flavors to blend.
3) In a large serving bowl, mix the tuna, onion, beans, tomatoes, basil and parsley together.
4) Refrigerate the tuna mixture until required.
5) When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the tuna mixture and toss gently to mix.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.