- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Toast Recipe
|French bread slices||6|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried leaf oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 612 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 785.8 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 11% Iron 33.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat toaster oven or broiler.
2. Take a baking sheet and arrange bread slices on them.
3. Take a small bowl, add rest of the ingredients and blend well.
4. Spread each bread slice with a little mixture.
5. Place the slices under broiler and allow to turn brown.
6. Take out and brush the flipside with a little more of the mixture.
7. Place back under the broiler and allow the toast to turn brown.
8. Serve immediately.