- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Style Skillet Eggplant Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, sliced thinly|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.4%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.2 mg
Sodium 765.9 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 36.1% Vitamin C 41.7%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pare the eggplant and cut 1-inch thick slices out of it and make 1-inch cubes.
2) In a large frying pan, saut eggplant with onion into butter or margarine for 10 minutes or until crispy and tender.
3) Add salt, tomatoes, oregano and pepper.
4) Cover the pan and cook slowly for 10 minutes until vegetables are soft.
5) Remove the pan from heat.
6) Lightly add sour cream and parsley.
7) In a heated serving bowl, spoon the eggplants and serve hot