- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Style Baked Chicken and Potatoes Recipe Video
|Chicken drumstick/Chicken breast||2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Garlic||4 Tablespoon, minced (more or less to taste)|
|Potatoes||6 Large, sliced thickly|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon, divided|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Calories 929 Calories from Fat 343
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.5%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 174.6 mg
Sodium 716.1 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.3%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 57 g114.8%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 217.4%
Calcium 12% Iron 39.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the thick potato planks on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with a pinch of salt.
2. Pre-cook in a hot oven (350 degree F) for 20 minutes.
3. Place the chicken in a baking dish or roasting pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, spices, seasonings and remaining olive oil. Give a good stir to blend well.
5. Pour the dressing over the chicken.
6. You can marinate the chicken in this marinade overnight in the refrigerator or for 2 hours, if you have time. You may cook the chicken immediately as well.
7. Place the chicken in a 375 degree F oven and cook for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the chicken from the oven and add the pre-cooked potatoes. Give the potatoes a good toss to make sure they are all coated with the delicious juices in the pan.
9. Return the pan to the oven for another 15 minutes so that the potatoes are fully cooked and they absorb all the flavors and the chicken is fork tender.
10. Arrange the chicken on a platter and surround by the potato slices.
11. Pour the sauce/juices from the pan over the chicken and the potatoes.
12. Serve garnished with a sprig of parsley or lemon if you like.
13 Accompany with a green salad or with bread.