- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Rainbow Recipe
|Garlic cloves||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled (2 To 4 Heads)|
|Yellow zucchini||1⁄2 Pound|
|Green zucchini||1⁄2 Pound|
|Green bell peppers||2|
|Red bell peppers||2|
|Baby carrots||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chile peppers||3 Small (Hot)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Black olives||12 , wrinkled|
|Anchovies||4 , mashed|
|Lemon peel||2 Tablespoon, cut into strips|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, freshly grated (As Required)|
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.7 mg
Sodium 276 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 91.6% Vitamin C 209.8%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut garlic in slivers.
2. Slice zucchini and bell peppers in long, thin strips.
3. Cut larger carrots into quarters or leave whole if really size of a carrot is small.
4. Take a skillet and in the skillet, sautÃ© garlic in oil slowly, along with Chile peppers, for about 5 minutes.
5. Add onion and bell peppers in the skillet and sautÃ© 5 minutes more.
6. Add zucchini and carrots; stir gently all ingredients to coat with oil.
7. Cover and steam for 5 minutes, then remove cover, add anchovies, olives and lemon peel.
8. Continue stirring until vegetables are cooked, but still crunchy.
9. Add salt and pepper; stir in parsley and transfer all to serving platter.
10. Top with Parmesan cheese.
11. Serve hot.