- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean One Crust Pie Recipe
|Aubergine||1 1⁄4 Pound, cubed (500 Gram, Eggplant)|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Courgette||1 , sliced (Zucchini)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chopped oregano/1 teaspoon dried, plus extra fresh oregano to garnish||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned red kidney beans||7 Ounce, drained, rinsed (200 Gram)|
|Pitted black olives||4 Ounce, rinsed (115 Gram Or 1 Cup)|
|Passata||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter/2/3 Cup Bottled Strained Tomatoes)|
|Egg/Little milk||1 , beaten|
|Semolina||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|All purpose flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Wholemeal flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Vegetable margarine||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chilled water||90 Milliliter (6 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2685 Calories from Fat 1268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g223.3%
Saturated Fat 29.1 g145.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 261.4 mg
Sodium 2797.7 mg116.6%
Total Carbohydrates 293 g97.5%
Dietary Fiber 63.2 g252.8%
Sugars 47 g
Protein 80 g160.4%
Vitamin A 194.3% Vitamin C 428.6%
Calcium 119.7% Iron 134.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead into a smooth ball. Wrap in cling film (plastic wrap) and chill for 30 minutes.
3. To make the filling, place the aubergine in a colander and sprinkle with salt, then leave for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry with kitchen paper. Meanwhile, place the red pepper on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Put the pepper in a plastic bag. When cool, remove, peel and seed, then dice the flesh. Set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a large heavy frying pan. Fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the aubergine and fry for 5 minutes until tender.
5. Add the sliced courgettes, garlic and oregano, and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring often. Add the kidney beans and olives, stir well, then add the passata and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cook until heated through, then set aside to cool.
6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a rough 30cm/12in round. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg or milk, sprinkle over the semolina, leaving a 4cm/1 1/2in border, then spoon over the filling.
7. Gather up the edges of the pastry to partly cover the filling - it should be open in the middle. Brush the pastry with the remaining egg or milk and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.