- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Grilled Sardines Recipe
|Fresh sardines||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon wedges||3 (For Garnish)|
Calories 326 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160 mg
Sodium 417.7 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 0.92 g0.31%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 31 g61%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the grill.
2) Make slits along the sardine bellies. Keep the head intact.
3) Rinse the sardine under cold running water. Pat them dry over kitchen towels.
4) Place the fish on the grill.
5) Brush the sardines with a rosemary sprig dipped in oil. Sprinkle half of the rosemary leaves over the sardines. Grill for about 5 minutes or till they start to brown.
6) Turn the sardines over on the grill. Sprinkle the remaining rosemary leaves on the other side as well. Grill for another 5 minutes.
7) Season with salt and pepper. Go easy on the salt as sardines are already quite salty.
8) Garnish the sardines with lemon wedges.