- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Grilled Sandwich Recipe Video
|Ciabatta bun||1⁄2 Pound, cut in half lengthwise (1 standard)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Goat cheese||1 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded, quartered|
|Eggplant||1 Small, sliced lengthwise|
Calories 638 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.9 mg2.6%
Sodium 954.5 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 43.1% Vitamin C 140.9%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sprinkle salt liberally on eggplant slices, and set aside for 15 minutes. Rinse it with cold running water.
2. Brush olive oil on pepper and eggplant slices.
3. Sprinkle salt and black pepper. Set aside.
4. Place vegetables on grill and cook under high heat until grill marks appear, and vegetables are tender. Flip once while grilling.
5. Remove from heat, and cover pepper with saran wrap to take away skin.
6. Cover one half of bread slice with goat cheese as shown in video.
7. Spread pesto on the other half. Top it with grilled vegetable slices. Fold and cover.
8. Serve sandwich with stuffed pepper, and kalamata olives (optional).