- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Chili Recipe
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fat free refried beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lean ground beef||10 Ounce|
|Eggplant||1 Small, diced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 128 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.5%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.1 mg
Sodium 397.2 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a medium bowl to combine soup, water and beans. Thoroughly mix and set aside.
2) Take a large saucepan and spray the cooking side with vegetable cooking spray.
3) Heat up the saucepan and cook the beef till the meat turns light brown. Drain the excess liquid from the saucepan and transfer the meat to a separate plate.
4) In the same saucepan, add eggplant, onion, pepper, garlic, chili powder and salt to sauté by setting the heat to medium-high. Cook the vegetable until they are soft and tender.
5) Pour the soup mixture into the saucepan.
6) Now return the beef to the saucepan. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
7) Simmer the soup over medium-high heat until it turns thick and bubbling.
8) Serve hot with your choice of bread.