- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
|Dried oregano leaves||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black olives||2 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Boneless skinless, chicken breasts||4 , cut into strips|
|Zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Red Or Green)|
|Hot cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 665 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg
Sodium 246.2 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g32.9%
Dietary Fiber 31.8 g127.3%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 52 g103.7%
Vitamin A 101.1% Vitamin C 94.9%
Calcium 115.2% Iron 194.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a medium bowl to mix soup, water, raisins, olives, garlic powder and oregano.
2) Combine all ingredients properly and keep the bowl aside.
3) Take a large nonstick skillet and spray this with vegetable cooking spray.
4) Add chicken strips and sauté them over high heat until the strips are thoroughly cooked.
5) Transfer the chicken strips in a separate plate.
6) In the heated skillet, add zucchini and pepper to sauté for 2-3 minutes.
7) Pour the soup mixture into the skillet and stir properly.
8) Bring back the cooked chicken into the skillet.
9) Reduce the heat to low and simmer for couple of minutes until the gravy thickens.
10) Garnish with additional oregano and serve over warm rice.