- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Calamari Salad Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Plus More For Drizzling)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Squids||12 , quartered|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced cucumbers||4 , sliced into 0.5 inch thick pieces|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely minced|
Calories 1318 Calories from Fat 312
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.2%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2796.1 mg932%
Sodium 1017.2 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 188 g376.2%
Vitamin A 32.2% Vitamin C 136%
Calcium 40.9% Iron 46.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium pan, heat up olive oil over high heat. When oil gives off just a hint of steam, add the tomatoes and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the skins begin to wrinkle.
3. Add the squid and cook for 30 seconds just until the squid turns white. Immediately transfer to a medium bowl.
4. Add lemon juice, cucumbers, olives, cilantro, drizzle of olive oil, a couple pinches of salt, and a couple pinches of pepper. Toss thoroughly.
5. Let salad rest in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes before serving.
6. Toss and transfer to serving bowl.
7. Serve chilled.