- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Beans Recipe
|Lima beans||10 Ounce, frozen (Packet)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Chuncks With Juice)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Mint leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried, crushed|
Calories 133 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.9%
Saturated Fat 0.71 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 91.2 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 39.6%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the lima beans as per its packet instructions.
2) In a saucepan, add margarine and saute onion and garlic.
3) When the onion and garlic soften and begin to change color, add the lima beans, tomato chunks, tomato juice and mint leaves.
4) Saute for a couple of minutes.
5) Serve the Mediterranean Beans Hot alongside steamed rice.