- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Bean Salad Recipe
|Green beans||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||1 , grated|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Small|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Hard cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Black olives||8 Small|
|Garlic cloves||1 Small, crushed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.9 mg
Sodium 296.6 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the string beans by trimming them and if they are small, leave whole and cut beans in half crosswise, if large.
2. In a saucepan simmer prepared beans in boiling water to almost cover with a little salt for about 10 minutes such that crisp-tender.
3. Drain beans and rinse with cold water to cool quickly.
4. For making the dressing, into a serving bowl large enough to hold beans pour olive oil, stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, hard-cooked eggs, olives and garlic, if desired and season with salt and pepper.
5. Toss cooled beans to coat with dressing beans and serve immediately or refrigerate several hours.