- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Pesto Recipe Video
|Fresh asparagus||1 Pound|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Walnuts/Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Time savor gourmet garlic and spring onion blend||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2995 Calories from Fat 2554
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 290 g445.7%
Saturated Fat 46 g230.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68 mg22.7%
Sodium 2216.4 mg92.4%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g64.9%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 62 g124%
Vitamin A 77% Vitamin C 44.5%
Calcium 139.1% Iron 74.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the asparagus to remove any tough ends.
2) Cook the asparagus in boiling water for about 4 minutes, till it is crisp tender but not too soft.
3) Drain and rinse the cooked asparagus under icy cold water. Coarsely chop into 1 inch pieces.
4) All the asparagus and all the remaining ingredients to a food processor and blend for about 1 minute (on high) till a smooth mixture is formed. Scrape the bowl as and when necessary.
5) Serve the pesto as and when preferred. It makes a good accompaniment to appetizers like tomato slices or crostini. To store, simple pack the sauce in an air-tight jar and place in a cool, dry place.