- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meaty Alaskan King Crab with Jumbo Shrimp and Flat Iron Steak Recipe Video
|Flat iron steaks||2 Medium (8- 12 ounce)|
|Mad hunky rub||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon (as per taste)|
|Mrs dash steak seasoning||To Taste|
|For cajun butter sauce|
|No salt butter stick||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (1 1/2 sticks)|
|Mad hunky no salt rub||To Taste|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ground thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flake||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/2-1)|
|Alaskan king crab legs||1⁄2 Pound|
|Medium jumbo shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, deveined and shelled|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2557 Calories from Fat 1638
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 186 g285.9%
Saturated Fat 54.9 g274.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 584.3 mg194.8%
Sodium 4640.7 mg193.4%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.5%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 136 g271%
Vitamin A 142.8% Vitamin C 65.1%
Calcium 34.8% Iron 81.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the steaks into desired portions.
2. Shake on some garlic powder, no salt Mad Hunky Meats rub and some Mrs. Dash. Steak seasoning.
3. Shake on a liberal amount of the rub and rub it into the meat so it has a nice coating.
4. Let season for one hour at room temperature.
5. Pre-Heat your cooker for grilling.
6. Prepare the Cajun butter sauce in a medium sauce pan by combining 1 1/2 cubes no salt butter, thyme, crushed Rosemary, no salt Mad Hunky rub, red pepper flake, 3 cloves garlic and a splash of Worcestershire.
7. Heat over medium heat until the butter sauce is mixed and fully melted.
8. Using a large needle on your flavor injector draw some of the butter sauce into the injector and inject the Alaskan King Crab legs. This can be done by piercing the legs through the white soft shell located at the joints.
9. Peel the shells off the shrimp and rinse them.
10. Once the shrimp are rinsed, take all the meats and the butter sauce in the pan to your cooker.
11. Place the sauce pan of Cajun butter sauce in a cooler place in your cooker.
12. Place the steaks over flame for direct grilling if you have the capability.
13. Place the King Crab legs away from direct heat.
14. For thawed crab legs put them on when you flip the steaks. Spoon some butter sauce onto your griddle or in a pan over higher heat.
15. Add 1/2 to 1 cup mushrooms and the shrimp. The shrimp should have a light sizzle going but not too much heat.
16. After 2.5 minutes rotate the steaks 90 degrees. This will provide for nice cross hatch grill marks.
17. Stir and turn the shrimp and mushroom.
18. Flip the crab legs.
19. After another 2.5 minutes flip the steaks. You should have nice seared grill marks.
20. Spoon or mop some Cajun butter sauce on to the steaks. Turn and stir the shrimp.
21. Check the shrimp at this point for doneness. If they are done, move them and the mushrooms to the Cajun butter sauce pan and stir them in.
22. Remove the crab legs as well and put them into the sauce pan.
23. Another 2.5 minutes the steak should be rotated and a meat probe inserted.
24. The steaks can be pulled when they reach your desired temperature for doneness.
25. After the steak has rested 5 minutes, plate up the steak.
26. Crack open a crab leg or two and break the meat up and place it on top of the flat iron steaks.
27. Spoon on the shrimp ,mushrooms and Cajun butter sauce.
28. Lay an Alaskan King Crab leg beside the steak and serve.