- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatloaf Recipe Video
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Lean ground beef||2 Pound|
|Bread crumbs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), dried|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Dash|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dehydrated onions||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 812 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 182.9 mg
Sodium 1239.9 mg51.7%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 65.5 g
Protein 51 g102.7%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 31.9%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 45.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a non-stick pan, heat olive oil and saute onions with salt and cook until the onions are opaque.
3. Add in the garlic, dried herbs and garlic powder, stir well for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, put together beef, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and onion mixture.
5. Mix all the ingredients together with your hands until well combined.
6. In a bowl, put together ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and dehydrated onion.
7. In a non-stick baking pan, place the beef mixture and it into oval shape, making a depression in centre.
8. Pour the topping on the depression.
9. Bake in the oven for 75 to 90 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
11. Cut the meatloaf and serve hot.