- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatloaf Roll Up Recipe
|Whole wheat bread slice/Whole wheat bread slice||3 , each slice quartered|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut in 12 pieces|
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g57.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.2 mg
Sodium 505.5 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 22 g44.8%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 36.3%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Using a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, process 20 seconds to crumble bread. Keep aside in a mixing bowl.
3. Using hands, mix beef, milk, egg and seasonings with bread.
4. Take a wax paper sheet, place beef mixture on it and roll into a 12 by 9 inch rectangle.
5. Using a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, chop green pepper coarsely.
6. Place chopped pepper on beef surface and even it.
7. Using a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, chop onion coarsely.
8. Arrange evenly on beef top.
9. Start from the 9 inch side and roll the beef mixture like a jelly roll.
10. Take a shallow baking pan and place the roll with seas side down.
11. Bake for 60 minutes.
12. Take out and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
13. Slice and serve with a sauce of your choice.