- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatloaf Ring with Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
|Red potatoes||4 Large, cubed|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|White bread slice||3 , Processed|
|Fat free egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Equivalent To 2 Eggs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Fat free cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 631.5 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 34 g67.1%
Vitamin A 80.5% Vitamin C 123%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a medium bowl to combine beef, 1/3 cup soup, bread crumbs, egg substitute, carrots, zucchini, pepper and onion. Add 1 tablespoon parsley and Italian seasoning to this mixture. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients. Keep it aside.
2) Take a medium saucepan, to put potatoes. Pour sufficient water to cover all the potatoes.
3) Place the saucepan over high heat and bring the water to a boil.
4) Reduce the heat to medium-high, cover the saucepan and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and tender. Drain the extra water from the saucepan.
5) Take a shallow, round baking dish of 2-quart size to spray with vegetable cooking spray.
6) Arrange the beef mixture around the outer edge of the baking dish as a ring, keeping the central part empty.
7) Set your oven at 400°F and place the baking dish inside.
8) Bake the meat for 20-25 minutes.
9) Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes.
10) Add remaining part of soup, cream cheese and salt to the mashed potato and combine all together to a smooth mixture.
11) Bring out the baking dish from oven, after the baking is done.
12) Fill the blank central part of the meatloaf with mounds of mashed potato.
13) Return the baking dish inside the broiler and broil for another 5 minutes or until the potato turns light brown.
14) Garnish with remaining chopped parsley before serving.