- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatloaf A La Russe Recipe
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground sausage||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Herb stuffing mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Packaged, Crumb-style)|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Dill weed||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||8 Large, sliced (Dole)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet pickle relish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Nalley)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 567 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.2 mg
Sodium 1082.4 mg45.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g31%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 38 g76.5%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F (170 degree C)
3. In a large bowl, combine the meats and mix thoroughly breaking up the lumps.
4. Add the remaining except the mushrooms and pickle relish and water.
5. Tip the bowl and mix thoroughly but lightly using a fork.
6. Shape into a loaf and place into prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake in hot oven for 1 1/4 to 1 ½ hours until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Drain the drippings into a saucepan.
9. Let stand for a while before inverting the meatloaf onto a serving platter.
10. Add mushrooms to the drippings and sautÃ© them on medium high until tender.
11. Stir in relish and water.
12. Heat, stirring.
13. Pour over the loaf.
14. Slice and serve the Meatloaf A La Russe warm or cold.