- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cashew Chili Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Fresh peppers||3 Medium, finely chopped|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|San marzano tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce can||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Pinto beans cans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Lager beer||500 Milliliter|
|Chili seasoning mix||1 Ounce (no-salt versions)|
|Roasted cashew nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 913.1 mg38%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.4%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.4%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 28 g55.6%
Vitamin A 19.7% Vitamin C 49.4%
Calcium 20% Iron 41.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pot
1. Chop onion and reserve ¼ of the onions for later use.
2. Chop fresh peppers, rinse the kidney and pinto beans, set aside.
3. In a large pot saute onion and peppers in canola oil until soft.
4. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, beer and ½ cup of the cashews and chili seasoning, stir and combine everything.
5. Bring it to a boil and lower the heat and simmer for 30-45 minute or until the flavors mix well together.
6. Once done turn off the heat and pour some of the cashew chili in a serving bowl.
7. Serve the Cashew Chili with sliced avocado, remaining onions and cashew and shredded cheddar cheese.