- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meat cakes and Roasted Root Vegetables in Norway Style Recipe Video
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.1 mg
Sodium 399.2 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 41.2 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 99.8% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the meatcakes: Add half an onion, a tablespoon of flour, ¼ teaspoon allspice, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, ½ teaspoon black pepper, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 egg and 7 ounces of milk to ground beef and mix well.
3. Brown some butter in a pan.
4. Take small patties of the ground beef mixture and place in the pan. Cook them halfway.
5. In another pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons of flour and mix well and stir continuously.
6. Add 2 ¼ cups of beef broth, salt, pepper and bring to boil while stirring.
7. Add a tablespoon of cream and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes while stirring continuously.
8. Add the meatcakes and let it sit on low heat for a few minutes.
9. For the roast vegetables: Mix a tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1 tablespoon minced dried garlic, 4 carrots, 1 onion, 2 potatoes and sea salt and place on a tray.
10. Put this into the oven for 25 minutes.
11. Take the roast vegetables out of the oven
12. Take the meatcakes with brown sauce off heat and let it cool.
13. Serve a portion of meatcakes with roast vegetables on the side.