- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatballs In Caper Sauce Recipe
|Topside of beef||10 Ounce, trimmed of fat and minced (300 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Unsalted stock||8 Fluid Ounce (Brown Or Chicken, 1/4 Liter)|
|Rolled oats||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon, mixed|
|Low fat yoghurt||1 Tablespoon|
|Soured cream||1 Teaspoon|
|Capers||1 Teaspoon, rinsed, chopped|
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.4 mg12.8%
Sodium 192.4 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a covered 1 litre (1 3/4 pint) baking dish, cook onion for 3 minutes on high and then transfer it to a bowl.
2) To the same dish, add stock and then microwave it for about 4 minutes on high until it comes to a boil.
3) In the meantime, mix beef, rolled oats, 1/2 tablespoon of the parsley, the nutmeg, the lemon rind and a liberal grinding of pepper with the onion.
4) Mix it well by kneading and then shape into 16 meatballs.
5) Lower the meatballs into the heated stock and cover and cook them for 4 minutes on high.
6) To a serving dish, transfer the meatballs with a slotted spoon.
7) Drain the cooking liquid from the baking dish, saving 12.5 cl (4 fl oz).
8) Mix cornflour mixture with this reserved liquid and then allow the sauce to thicken by cooking it on high for about 30 seconds.
9) Remove the sauce from heat and keep aside for 1 minute to cool.
10) Mix in yoghurt, soured cream, capers and the remaining parsley.
11) Spoon the sauce over meatballs and serve warm at once.