- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Calorie Meatballs Recipe
|Canned beef broth/Bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lean ground round steak||1 Pound|
|High-fiber bread slice||2 , cubed (Day-Old Or Toasted)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 678 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.1 mg36%
Sodium 2586.2 mg107.8%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 56 g111.1%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chill the beef broth and skim off fat from the surface.
2) In a large bowl, mix the meat, milk, egg, bread, onions, and seasonings together and shape into 1-inch balls.
3) In a non-stick skillet, spray the vegetable coating and cook the meatballs over a medium heat until brown.
4) Stir in the broth and scrap the pan well.
5) In a cup, mix the flour and 2 tablespoons cold water, blend well and stir into the skillet.
6) Allow the sauce to boil and stir continuously until thickened.
7) Reduce the heat, cover and simmer the meatballs for about 20 minutes, adding water, if required.
8) Serve immediately in a nice plate.
Add a few drops of brown gravy coloring, if desired.