- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatball and Mozzarella Filling Recipe
|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pizza sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 560 Calories from Fat 393
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.5%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 178.4 mg
Sodium 1006.9 mg42%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 34 g68.2%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In medium bowl, combine beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix gently with fork, until well blended.
2. Shape into 1-inch meatballs— about 30.
3. In large skillet heat salad oil, sauté adding meatballs until browned on all sides about 5 minutes and drain on paper towels.
4. Spread sauce over unbaked crust and cover with meatballs.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella over all and bake as directed.
6. Use to fill 1 (14-inch) pizza.