- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatball Soup Recipe
|For the meatballs|
|Ground chuck||2 Pound|
|Bread slice||1 (Wet)|
|Bread slice||1 , wet|
|Rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), uncooked|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato/1 small can tomato paste / consomme||2|
|White onion||1 , diced|
|Tomato consomme/Tomato paste||20 Ounce (No 2, 1 Small Can)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onions||3 , chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 663 Calories from Fat 415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.3%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212.9 mg
Sodium 317 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 42 g83.9%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 8-quart large pot, add 3 quarts of water and allow it come to a boil.
2) Add in the diced white onion.
3) In a large bowl, combine ground chuck, bread, egg and rice. Roll the mixture into walnut-size balls.
4) Drop in the meatballs gently into the boiling water.
5) Turn down the flame and continue cooking for 30 more minutes. Make sure to keep removing the froth that forms at the surface.
6) Add in the tomato consumme or paste, green onions, cilantro when about 15 minutes of cooking remains.
7) The meatball soup can be served as an appetizer as well as main course.