- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatball Curry Recipe Video
|House vermont curry sauce mix (med hot)||119 Gram|
|Ground meat||600 Gram (beef and pork)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Panko bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green peas||60 Gram, frozen|
|Canned corn||60 Gram (whole kernel)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For turmeric rice|
|Curry partner turmeric paste||1 Packet|
|Cooked rice||1020 Gram|
Calories 542 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.5 mg
Sodium 192.6 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 29 g57.4%
Vitamin A 36.5% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 50.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the bread crumbs in the milk.
2. Finely mince the onion.
3. Slice the carrot into 1/8 inch rounds, cut out the stars, and mince the scraps.
4. In a bowl, mix the ground beef and pork mixture, 20 grams of minced onions, soaked Panko (bread crumbs), egg, salt & pepper, minced carrot scraps, and green peas, and mix well with hands until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
5. Divide it into 18 pieces and make them into a ball shape.
6. Heat 1 tbsp. cooking oil in a frying pan.
7. Gently sauté the meatballs until they are golden brown on all sides. Then set aside.
8. Heat 1 tbsp. cooking oil in a large stew pot, sauté the remaining onions and star-shaped carrots over medium heat until they are coated with oil.
9. Add 800ml water, bring to a boil, add meatballs, remove the foam, and turn the heat down to low. Cook for about 10 minutes until all the ingredients are done.
10. Turn off the heat, break up the curry roux into the pot, and mix well until completely melted. Make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it won't blend well.
11. Put back the pan on the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until it thickens.
12. Lastly add whole kernel corn and simmer for another few minutes.
13. For Turmeric Rice: In a bowl, place cooked rice. Add Curry Partner Turmeric Paste while the rice is still hot and slice through it using a rice paddle to separate the grains.
14. Use a sheet of plastic wrap to form the round rice balls with turmeric rice.
15. Serve Meatball Curry with the rice balls and garnish with star shaped carrots .
For best results, don't use a lid while cooking.
While making rice balls, take care not to burn hands as the rice is still hot.
Curry and rice is best eaten on the day it's made but if you have any leftover, store it in the fridge and finish it on the next day, but it is not recommended.
If you have leftover curry roux, wrap in a plastic wrap and store it in the fridge and use within a week.