- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatball Cappinni Recipe Video
|Minced meat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Pork, veal and beef)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||7 Clove (35 gm), minced|
|Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Oregano and basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sun dried tomato pesto||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Provolone cheese slices||8|
Calories 546 Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.8%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g74%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.6 mg
Sodium 889.1 mg37%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 27 g54.3%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 58.2% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl of the veal, pork and beef mince, add eggs, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, shallots, oregano and basil. Mix until well incorporated.
2. Once done, form the mixture into sandwich sized patties. Set aside on a plate.
3. In a skillet over medium high, heat olive oil and add the patties. Cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Season the patties with salt and pepper before flipping it over to fry the other side. Once done, transfer the patties onto a plate.
4. Heat a pan over medium heat. Take the sandwich slices one at a time and butter one side. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over the buttered side and place them on the pan butter side down.
5. Spread the sun dried pesto over the top of 4 sandwich slices and place the provolone cheese slices over the pesto sauce on the 4 slices. Now arrange the patties over 2 of the cheese slices and cook until the cheese melts.
6. Once the cheese melts, place the other 2 melted cheese sandwich slices over the patties and press gently. Now flip the sandwich over and transfer onto a plate.
7. Serve these meatball cappinni sandwiches sliced in half.